Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Something's rotten in Iraq & it's called Operation Iraqi Freedom

Wilbur has prompted me to take do something to remind people that the Iraq War should end. Unfortunately, I doubt there is anyone reading this blog who still supports the war. Nevertheless, I thought I'd provide a link to some eye-popping statistics.

I've been reading about Gandhi today & his example for a higher standard of leadership - being & acting according to the principles of truth & nonviolence. When we consider these principles even in their most obvious interpretations, we can do nothing but oppose this war & all wars as they are rife with precisely the opposite
of what we truly want (lies, destruction, intolerance, ignorance, greed, etc.). The Buddhists say that hatred, lust & ignorance are the basis for all human suffering. Clearly, everyone affected by this war has suffered enough.

No comments: