Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My name is Krista & I am afraid of quicksand, OR How facts can save you a lot of worrying!

When I was a child, I experienced a dark & terrible period of walking fearfully through the outdoors never knowing when I might chance upon the most insidious of nature's devices of death, quicksand. A horrifying scene from the equally horrifying action/comedy TV series Lobo started my teeth a-chatterin' & my skin a-jumpin'. In the scene, one of Sheriff Lobo's bumbling deputies & then another one both get "sucked into" a patch of quicksand. Somehow those dipshits got out but, in my estimation, just barely.

Being the independent child that I was, I hid my paranoia for days until I finally admitted it to my mother who gently pulled out the encyclopedia to quell my fears with facts. So for those of you that might still be afraid of randomly falling into quicksand (I don't know anyone who has actually fallen in it but you never know...?), here's how to escape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm really glad to read about the white sand link in your post. if i ever fall into quicksand and survived, u'll indirectly be the one who saved my life! cheers!

Anonymous said...

one point for your old mommy...